HOLLEY FORD 7.3L GODZILLA ALTERNATOR AND BRACKET KIT
The factory alternator(s) on the 2020 & Up Ford 7.3-liter Godzilla engine is a bulky single or dual alternator design that is tough to package in an engine swap. This Holley alternator system is more compact for extra clearance and works with the factory timing cover, water pump, damper/crank pulley, and intake manifold (also works with after-market damper/crank pulley).
The 20-380 alternator kit, or 97-409 bracket, works great with 7.3 crate engines and take-out swap engines. Crate engines come with almost everything needed except an alternator bracket. Holley’s bracket and alternator solution are compact and lightweight. The Holley alternator is easy to wire and does not require the factory ECU to function like the OE alternator.
Holley includes the plug /pigtail, pulleys, and belt in the 20-380 complete kit. Note the included belt is for alternator-only applications, but the instructions specify the belt for other configurations. The bracket allows for any accessory configuration – it works with or without the air conditioning compressor and with or without a power steering pump.
- Alternator kit and mounting bracket for Ford Godzilla 7.3-liter engine swaps
- Part number 20-380 is the complete solution with everything needed to add an alternator to the Ford 7.3-liter crate engine
- Eliminates bulky dual alternator system – factory setup on some heavy-duty trucks
- Works with the factory timing cover, water pump, damper/crank pulley, and intake manifold (also works with after-market damper/crank pulley)
- Compact design with alternator pulled in tight to the engine for extra clearance under the hood
- The mounting bracket is compatible with Holley alternators 197-300, 197-301, 197-302, and 197-303
- Easy wiring of alternator & does not require factory ECU to excite alternator – wiring pigtail 197-400 included with part # 20-380
- Choose from a complete kit with 105-amp Holley alternator (Part # 20-380), or bracket kit (part # 97-409)
- Natural as cast finish on the mounting bracket and alternator
- Works with or without an air conditioning compressor
- Works with or without a power steering pump
- For alternator-only race setup, 97-409 bracket should be used with Holley premium alternator PN 197-302 or 197-303 – ideal for high rpm applications (alternator designed and tested for up to 30% higher rpm)
Ideal for use on Godzilla crate engines & engine swaps
AutoCentric Media is the fastest-growing all-encompassing digital magazine, catered to automotive enthusiasts from all walks of life, with various interests.