The diesel market has really taken off big time in recent years. No longer just a tiny niche of truck enthusiasts looking for more stump-pulling torque from their workhorses, entrusts are now getting serious with fully-built engines, larger turbos, more boost and overall incredible performance.
Seeing a hole in the market for high-performance Duramax cylinder heads, Edelbrock Performance has entered the foray with their new aluminum, high-flowing castings for the LB7 applications.
Edelbrock Announces New High-Performance Cylinder Heads for GM 6.6L Duramax Diesel Engines
TORRANCE, CA (April 30, 2019) – Edelbrock, a leading manufacturer and distributor of aftermarket performance parts, enters 2019 with its first-ever high-performance cylinder head designed specifically for the diesel engine market.
The all-new Edelbrock Cylinder Heads for 2001 through 2016 GM 6.6L Duramax Diesel V8 engines are a direct bolt-on replacement for any street or off-road application where higher levels of performance and durability are desired. These aluminum heads come complete straight out of the box and are designed to fit all four variations of the Duramax engine that were offered in the popular Silverado and Sierra pickup trucks, as well as Chevrolet and GMC 2500/3500 HD trucks between 2001 and 2016. Edelbrock’s new Diesel Cylinder Heads are compatible with all stock Duramax valvetrain components, in addition to valve covers, water crossover valves, injectors and plugs.
Each A356 aluminum cylinder head casting is heat and pressure-treated to reduce porosity while also increasing strength and fatigue properties. Intake and exhaust runners are designed to optimize flow and motion of air in the cylinder. Engine builders and head porters will also appreciate the extra deck and port wall material for custom porting and deck strength. Best of all, the new Edelbrock Performer heads are CARB legal making them the perfect choice for a street performance upgrade to any Chevy or GMC Duramax Diesel engine.
Features and Benefits:
- Improved air flow and motion characteristics can deliver an increase in power and torque
- Designed, cast, machined and assembled in the USA
- Injector cups are integrated into the castings for LB7 applications
- Castings are treated to Hot Isostatic Press (HIP) process for strength
- Heat-treated to T7 for the extreme diesel operating environment
- Thick 16mm deck for increased cylinder pressures
- Raised rocker valley adds water volume in head
- All factory components bolt on without modification
- 50-state CARB emissions legal (E.O. #D-215-102)
Part Numbers for the New Edelbrock Duramax Cylinder Head:
- #79029 for the 2001-2004 LB7 engine
- #79059 for the 2004-1/2-2005 LLY engine (coming soon)
- #79089 for the 2006-2010 LMM engine (coming soon)
- #79119 for the 2011-2016 LML engine
For more information on Edelbrock Cylinder Heads for GM 6.6L Duramax Diesel engines, please visit www.edelbrock.com.
AutoCentric Media is the fastest-growing all-encompassing digital magazine, catered to automotive enthusiasts from all walks of life, with various interests.