Supporting parts and products have made engine swaps into older muscle, easier than ever before. Such is the case when you want to swap a Coyote engine into another car, thanks to the standalone engine management system from Holley. The Holley Terminator X Max ECU is designed to do just that with the Coyote engine swap.
The Terminator X Max ECU is an easy to use, plug-and-play design that uses factory connectors, for quick and simple installation. Watch the video above for a step-by-step installation of the Terminator X Max ECU on a Ford Coyote engine. Read the official release below.
Holley’s plug and play 5.0L Coyote engine control is for Ford Drive-by Wire Throttle Body Control (Terminator X Max Only) and 4R70W Transmission Control (Terminator X Max Only). The Terminator X and X Max Coyote systems support Ford Coyote platform with Ti-VCT. Terminator X features real-time fuel learn, high impedance injector drivers, integrated 1bar MAP sensor, and four programmable inputs and outputs. These are ideal for electric fans, boost control solenoids, progressive nitrous control, and much more.
Terminator X ECU comes fully loaded with base maps for common Coyote engine combinations to get you out of the garage and on the road/track fast. The included 3.5-inch LCD touch screen handheld contains an easy to use calibration wizard as well as tuning and gauge display functions. Included with Terminator X is Holley EFI’s industry leading support, easy to use software suite that allows full laptop access/compatibility for advance users. Whether you’re building a budget beater or full on race car, Terminator X has the industry leading features and technology you need at a price that won’t break the bank.
- Genuine Bosch LSU 4.9 Wideband Control (Will not work with LSU 4.2 Oxygen Sensors)
- On-Board Diagnostic LEDS for: ECU Power – Engine Run – Wideband Status – TPS Calibration – Crank Signal – Cam Signal. Allow you to identify any Critical engine issues at a glance
- Built in 1bar MAP Sensor, vacuum hose adapters included (1/8th – ¼ and 3/16ths) – or for Boosted applications, you can disable the internal MAP sensor, and utilize an external LS MAP Sensor, the harness comes with the connector terminated, making the installation a snap.
- 4 Inputs – 12v, Ground, 5v, and Frequency, for things such as additional pressure sensors, or activation triggers for nitrous activation, or a trans brake (Fuel and Oil Pressure Inputs are pre-terminated)
- 4 Outputs – Ground, PWM – , for accessories such as; fans, boost control, nitrous control, IAC Kit, and More
- Boost Control – Boost vs Time, Boost vs Gear, Boost vs RPM, Boost vs Speed, Boost Safeties
- Nitrous Control – Single Channel of Wet or Dry, Progressive or Non-Progressive, Rich/Lean Safeties, and target Closed Loop AFR
- Advanced Tables – 4x 1D Tables, 1x 1D per Gear Table, 4x 2D Tables, 1x 2D per Gear Table
- Integrated Datalogging to the 3.5” Handheld SD Card
- Free EFI Tuning Software for complete control of your Terminator X power plant
Elizabeth is hardcore horsepower enthusiast with unmatched intensity for making things faster and louder. She wakes up for power and performance and only sleeps to charge up for the next project that’s heading to the track. From autocross to drag racing, Elizabeth is there with you, so stay tuned for her unique perspective on horsepower news, builds, tech info, and installs — with her, it’ll never be boring!